At the start of Week 18, I was around 984 Youtube Subscribers and struggled to reach the 1000 mark where I will lose a few subscribers and gain the equivalent number of them. It really needed a little push for which I asked one of my cousins to go ahead and do it. He did what he does best and helped me reach the 1000 mark in Week 19.
Week 18 - Sat 30 Apr 2022 - Fri 07 May 2022
1. Walking - I completed 27 kilometres in this week to make it to the 360-kilometre mark in Week 18 which is around the 20 km mark every week. This brings a lot of satisfaction that we are where we wanted to be and the same was achieved on 2-May-2022. This week I walked too much which made me go in with some kind of leg and back pain and impacted the next week completely. It's better to follow the schedule always and reach a point where your body can take it comfortably.
2. Hanuman Chalisa - I completed the 41x Years of Hanuman Chalisa on Tuesday, 3rd May 2022 and also completed 15000x Hanuman Chalisa on 4th May too and am left with less than 400x now. It brought me a lot of happiness that I am going to reach my goal soon rather than waiting till my birthday on 22nd July 2022.
3. Launch Events - This has been a rare case when I attended 3 events in a single day and that happened on 6-May when I attended a RedHat event, an Intel event and then a book launch event in the evening. The goodies were really nice from RedHat and a snacks box from Intel which you can check in my Youtube videos below. Also, Monday being a holiday brought the parties at home on Saturday and a picnic at the Botanical Garden in Johannesburg. It was great to see that the place has been upgraded quiet significantly from the last time I saw it many years ago.
4. Thank You - The count started from 16000 and reached the 43000 mark during this week. I am still not able to count all the totals as I don't want to waste my time on the same instead I will increase the count for the day.
5. Books/Audiobooks - I completed Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money audiobooks by Danielle Town and Phil Town and came across various new financial ratios which I need to think about. The book inspired me to look at the other books by Phil Town a little later in the year.
6. Entertainment - I watched Legends of The Ramayana With Amish on Discovery Plus as Amish Tripathi is my favourite writer and because of this I started reading non-fiction novels when he launched the Shiva Trilogy series. I met him too during the launch event of his third one from the Shiva series on Westland books. The 3 episodes documentary march the journey taken up by Lord Rama to find Sita from Lanka where Raavan kept her. There are certain landmarks in various parts of India and Sri Lanka which are showcased and the whole Ramayana is mapped to where it happened and what remains there in the modern world now. It was an eye-opener in terms of various facts which I was unaware of about the Ramayana book. Totally worth your time if you love Lord Rama or Lord Bajrang Bali ji.
May 2022 is the month that I have been waiting for since the start of the year 2022. I am going to meet my brother and his family after a gap of many many years. He is taking a long flight to South Africa and I have to schedule a great stay for him. Everything will be focused on him as I love him a lot and respect that he is coming to me. The last time I went to him was in 2005 on my first international trip to Singapore and he came to meet me in 2006 in Hyderabad from the USA.