With the great success of the UberEATS launch in both Johannesburg and Cape Town and the overwhelming response received from both the ‘eaters’ and restaurateurs, UberEATS is set to expand in both cities.
From today UberEATS will be reaching new areas in the Cape Town Southern Suburbs of Rondebosch, Newlands, Claremont, Bishopscourt and Mowbray where those who are located within these areas can look forward to all their favourite dishes at the touch of a button. Similarly, in Johannesburg, those keen for a bite in the Roodepoort area, including Cosmo City, Honeydew, RadioKop and Weltevredenpark can download the app and begin their UberEATS experience.
It’s time to select your favourite burgers, sushi, salads and more from a variety of your local restaurants and enjoy!
UberEATS is on the rise, and in the months to come, more eaters will enjoy the UberEATS experience with greater hope to expand even further partnering with more couriers and more restaurants too.
“The uptake since launch has been phenomenal, Joburg and Cape Town have been great and we’re so excited about the potential. We have partnered with amazing restaurants so far and we’re adding more every day,” says Dave Kitley, Restaurant Operation Manager UberEATS South Africa.
Some of the benefits of UberEATS:
- Orders can be customised on the app, so add those extra fries on your cheat day, you deserve them!
- Ordering via the app means no queues and you should not have to wait longer than 45 minutes for their delivery, quick and easy!
- UberEATS benefits extend to the restaurateurs who gain a new market and can receive feedback from the customer on the order.
Eaters will be able to rate their service of both their meal and food courier on the UberEATS app by using a ‘thumbs up’ or ‘thumbs down’ rating system after the food has arrived.
The UberEATS app can be downloaded on the app store or through the Uber rides app, as well as via the web at ubereats.com. Meals can be requested for delivery in Johannesburg from 7am - 10pm and in Cape Town from 10am - 10pm, seven days a week with a R20 delivery fee. UberEATS now offers ‘eaters’ living in these extended areas an alternative way of getting quality food in good time, with no minimum order size.
Don’t get hangry, get UberEATS!
- Download the app or go to ubereats.com to find what you’re craving, and we’ll handle the rest.
- Sign in - you can use your existing Uber account for UberEATS - or create a new one.
- Tell us where to deliver - add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
- Browse local restaurants - search for your favourite local restaurant or try something new.
- Browse food types - looking for Sushi? Use the search function to look up the options.
- Check out with a tap - simply pay with your card on file. And remember, the delivery fee is R20.
- Track your order - watch as your order gets picked up and delivered right to your door.