Jonathan Hensleigh (writer of Armageddon, Jumanji (1995), The Rock, Con Air, Die Hard With a Vengeance)
- LIAM NEESON as Mike
- LAURENCE J. FISHBURNE III as Goldenrod
- MARCUS THOMAS as Gurty
- AMBER MIDTHUNDER as Tantoo
- BENJAMIN WALKER as Varnay
After a remote diamond mine collapses in far northern Canada, a ‘big-rig’ ice road driver (Neeson) must lead an impossible rescue mission over a frozen ocean to save the trapped miners. Contending with thawing waters and a massive storm, they discover the real threat is one they never saw coming.
- The premise of the film is based on series like “Ice Road Truckers” and “Outback Truckers” which were hugely popular. The concept of riding a big rig truck over a frozen body of water with tons of merchandise in the back is enough to make most of us lose our courage – but not these drivers!
- The Ice Road is set in Canada’s Northwest Territories. The road itself is around 250 miles long and is primarily built over frozen lakes. The road is officially known as the Tibbitt to Contwoyto Winter Road.
- The movie is based on one road, although the story is purely fictional. If you want to read a book about the real ice road, check out Denison’s Ice Road, Edith Iglauer’s non-fiction recount of traversing the road itself.
- Liam Neeson is as bankable as taxes and death. His action films always do well and he has appeal with both men and women as the hero.
- Liam’s character’s brother, Gurty, is a veteran who served in Iraq. He received a bullet in his head from a sniper, and the surgeons didn't take the bullet out, they thought it would have been too dangerous. As a result, he's got a condition called aphasia. Words come out in the wrong order and he doesn’t always make sense but he’s a brilliant mechanic.
- The big rigs are stars all on their own. Liam went out with a rig driver and was impressed by how much finesse it takes to drive a truck. And the back of the cabs where they sleep is so big that at 6”4, Liam could stand upright As he put it “I have been in smaller New York apartments.”
- Mining is big business in our country and to see the corners that are cut at the management level is a reminder that people’s welfare should always come first – not the profit.
There are 3 pairs of double tickets for the giveaway for the readers of the blog or followers of social media platforms at any Ster-Kinekor theatres in 2D. If you want to win the same, Comment on my Youtube Channel on any of your favourite videos about Which Liam Neeson movie you like the most and what motivates you to go to theatres again?
For me, it's the popcorn and cold drink at Sterkinekor that keeps asking me to come back and enjoy the best 100-120 minutes of my life living someone's else's life. 3 persons will be contacted by Empire Ent Africa and will be sent 2 tickets each to see the movie.
Support me if you like reading this blog post by buying me a coffee - https://www.buymeacoffee.com/TheLifesWay Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org to collaborate and promote your services and products. Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel for giveaways, product reviews and mystery unboxings. #TheLifesWay #9YearsofTheLifesWay. Namaste!