Weeklong Event Aimed at Inspiring Fans Around the Globe to be Courageous and Kind
Disney pledges 45,000 princess-themed adventure packs, created with charity partner MediCinema, for seriously ill children across UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa
World Princess Week launches ahead of 2021’s Casual Day, inspired by the Ultimate Princess Celebration
Disney today announced the first-ever World Princess Week, a special global event that forms part of the year-long Ultimate Princess Celebration. From 23-29 August 2021, World Princess Week will celebrate the courage and kindness exemplified by Disney Princess characters and aims to inspire fans around the world to display the same attributes in their daily lives.
As part of World Princess Week, Disney has pledged to deliver 45,000 ‘Moments that Matter’ for isolated and seriously ill children in hospitals and hospices in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa. As part of Disney’s wider commitment to bring comfort and provide inspiration, with support from long-standing charity partners, these specially-designed packs aim to reduce isolation, stress and anxiety amongst children and families in places of care, providing 'Moments that Matter'. The packs will contain new stories focusing on Disney Princess characters Rapunzel, Moana and Ariel, as well as arts and crafts activities that help to increase confidence and encourage acts of kindness.
The event, inspired by the Ultimate Princess Celebration which spotlights the courage and kindness these Disney heroines and their stories inspire in fans of all ages, will offer fans new products, digital content, retail activations and more:
- Disney has created brand new video tutorials featuring simple ideas on how families and children can have a big impact on others, which will be available on Disney’s social channels. Disney fans will be able to follow along with ‘kindness activity’ tutorials, including how to make Cinderella-inspired kindness cards for friends, or how to bake Tiana’s beignets for loved ones. Families are encouraged to share their own acts of kindness by using the hashtag #UltimatePrincessCelebration.
- On Disney Junior (DStv, Channel 309), Disney’s heroines will be celebrated as weekday blocks (09:30-11:30(CAT) and 18:00-20:00(CAT)) of specials and episodes of Sofia the First with appearances from the Disney Princesses themselves
- Fans can listen to their favourite Disney Princess songs now on a curated playlist from Walt Disney Records
- The Ultimate Princess Celebration is currently being brought to life at participating retailers across the country this month, with a broad range of the latest Disney Princess product across toys, fashion and accessories, beauty, home décor, books, games, and more.
- Tales of Courage and Kindness, a series of 14 original stories featuring unique illustrations by artists from around the world that demonstrate how the Disney Princesses, as well as Queens Anna and Elsa, exemplify the qualities of courage and kindness, is available for families to download for free from DisneyPrincessStories.co.za during World Princess Week.
Inspired by the Ultimate Princess Celebration, Courage+Kindness will be this year’s theme for the National Council of and Persons with Disabilities (NCPD) flagship awareness and fundraising project, Casual Day on 3 September 2021.
To show their support, South Africans are encouraged to order Courage+Kindness merchandise and digital stickers from www.casualday.co.za with special-edition Courage+Kindness stickers and wristbands available for purchase at participating retailers. The proceeds will go to supporting Persons with Disabilities at over 600+ beneficiary NGO’s and schools. On Casual Day, the public can show their support by dressing up with the Courage+Kindness stickers, wristbands and merchandise, or their very own interpretation of this year’s theme.
Tasia Filippatos, Senior VP, Consumer Products EMEA at Disney said, “Courage and kindness are universally important qualities that are just as relevant for adults as they are for young children. We hope that families will help celebrate ‘World Princess Week’ by sharing their own small acts of kindness to help make the world a kinder place.”
Luke Roberts, General Manager, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing, The Walt Disney Company Africa. “Disney stories are timeless, and while each Disney Princess character has her own admirable qualities, courage and kindness connect them all. With World Princess Week as well as this year’s Disney Princess-inspired Casual Day that follows right after, we are excited to see how South African families will be celebrating along with us.”
Fans to share their own tales of Courage and Kindness, their favourite Disney Princess story and more on social media with #UltimatePrincessCelebration and #WorldPrincessWeek.
Support me if you like reading this blog post by buying me a coffee - https://www.buymeacoffee.com/TheLifesWay