Week 4 saw me down with cough and cold catching up with me and I was at the verge of falling sick and when I started my walk on 4th Tuesday, I could not go further than 3km and it took almost 40 min to complete the same too.
Let's focus this post on Huawei Watch GT and what it brings on the table for me for this walk, some key points are explained as below -
- Battery Life: Now I can forget that my watch is digital smartwatch as the battery life of Huawei Watch GT is huge. It can easily go for more than 1 weeks with my exercise regime but for most people, it will easily cross 2 weeks with a single charge.
- AMOLED Display: On Huawei Watch GT Active edition I have its 1.39 inch AMOLED 454 x 454 HD screen and it's super awesome to watch in direct sunlight too.
- Gestures: The AMOLED screen supports slide and touch gestures as the dial is fixed, unlike Samsung watch which needs 2 fingers to operate.
- Charging: The watch gets charged fully in less than 2 hours on the Magnetic charging thimble which comes in the package.
- Water and Dust Resistance: It's 5 ATM water-resistant and the whole casing is secured with only charging pins out in the open. The watch keeps sending notification as you put on the charging cradle that keeps these pins are dry and without any water.
- Lovely Straps: The watch is easy to wear with its new design of straps which are comfortable on your wrist even when you wear them day in day out. I really loved my Orange Fluoroelastomer Strap which I wear while sleeping in the night too and only take out while taking a bath and when the watch is getting charged.
- Watch Case: I have got the 46.5 mm case in Titanium Grey Stainless Steel which is made up of Metal, Plastic and Ceramic. Please don't go by the name of the look as the case is not Stainless Steel.
- Buttons: Power button and Function Buttons are the only buttons other than the touch screen to do all the functions required.
- No Auto Pause and Auto Start - Huawei Watch GT doesn't offer the auto start and pause when you stop during the workout which is the case with earlier Samsung Gear S2 watch I was using. In this, you have to manually do the same by just clicking a button on the top side.
- No Floors Measurement: Despite having an altimeter, the Huawei Watch GT is not showing the floors walked in its software. This might come as a feature later in this watch.
- No Music Player: Huawei Watch has no music player built into the same, hence it will remain a watch and can't control your music and you will have to carry your mobile always.
- 786MB RAM: is very less and it can only take very less number of Watchfaces, unlike my earlier watch Gear S2 which has a 4GB memory to accommodate songs as well as apps and 100s of watch faces.
So these were some of the things from the top of my mind about the Huawei Watch GT! My performance for the week remains good as I completed my first 15km in about 2-3 minutes less than the last race I participated last year in Pretoria for Spring Walk - 15kms.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to collaborate on your products, events, and services. #TheLifesWay #PhotoYatra!