I have always wanted to be fully physically fit but never took any actions to become one or remain focussed after doing it for a day or two. When MTN Walk the Talk sent me a secret survey to ask about the 25kms and my reactions to the same, I was very much in favor of the same due to this year being 25 Years of Democracy in South Africa. I really thought for a while before registering myself for the 25 km race on 28th July 2019. I have done 15kms last year on 22nd July 2018 and the day was my birthday too but nothing before and after that.
I took my faith in myself to the next level and registered myself for the 25km race and also enrolled for the SA Park and Ride because I am sure I won't be able to walk to the parking and drive the car myself.
@Huawei Health App on my Huawei P20 Pro smartphone and trying to win myself a Huawei Watch GT.
- Phase 1 - Build stamina to walk 15 km in a single go
- Phase 2 - Build stamina to walk 20 km in a single go
- Phase 3 - Build stamina to walk 25 km in a single go
- Each Phase is 4 weeks long
- Every Tuesday and Thursday will be my days to do a practice walk
- Every Saturday will be target walk which needs to be completed in one go
- There are some exceptions in the last week when Thursday plan is moved to Friday
These are the plans created thinking of a perfect world and happy path scenario's but I am looking at trying to match the same with real-world performance and writing some blog posts on the same.
If you want to get registered, you are welcome to at http://www.walkthetalk.co.za/ and let's walk together!