Godzilla is one of my favorite movie series and why it's a culture in itself I got some facts to share with you from this Hollywood Series. A new version of the movie named King of the Monsters is going to be released on 31st May so don't forget to book your big screen tickets in a cinema near you! I am sure you will forget Daenerys dragons (Game of Thrones) after seeing the trailers of this movie.
GODZILLA: KING OF POP CULTURE - 2019 - 65th Year Anniversary
- Monument over the Toho Building – Tokyo, Japan
- Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 64 years of merchandise in the Billions!
- MTV Lifetime Achievement Award
- 32 films produced worldwide since 1954.
- Most movie tickets EVER sold in Japan
- Name official Cultural Ambassador in Shinjuku, Japan
Pillars of the Movie Series
- Epic, a global disaster movie that expands beyond a pure monster genre, four epic monsters make this one that MUST be seen on the big screen.
- Godzilla is both the ultimate danger to humanity and its only salvation – a complex hero that evokes a sense of empathy. The last of his kind, he is putting his life on the line for the good of the world. Instinctively fighting to preserve the natural order, Godzilla is unwittingly making the ultimate sacrifice – and taking on a battle he might not win.
- Madison is an empowered, formidable teenage heroine taking charge to save the day. On a parallel path with Godzilla to save the world, she forms an unusual partnership with him, opening herself up to great danger, and adding a tangible sense of humanity, risk, and drama.
- At the forefront are the film’s human stakes and emotional connections against a backdrop of an epic action spectacle. The film is anchored in a story about a relatable family torn apart by tragedy – and reunited through the selfless courage of one.
- 65th year anniversary of Godzilla. It has a massive legacy appeal and cultural importance. This is a classic icon reimagined for our time.
- The appeal of a top-name (international) talent. With Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sally Hawkins, Bradley Whitford, and Ken Watanabe – our talent bench is deep.
- A balance of authenticity and modernity – celebrating the most popular monsters in pop culture history reinvented for the big screen in epic, VFX glory. These monsters are evolved and powerful; resonant for modern audiences yet true to their origins.
- King Ghidorah is the ultimate villain, a legendary, apex predator. He is the “Bane” to Godzilla’s “Dark Knight” – the fiercest titan of them all, the one who might just do the inconceivable – defeat Godzilla.
- Monarch has evolved from the secretive organization seen in 2014’s Godzilla to become a public-facing, high-tech hero force. By declassifying evidence files and opening up their titan tracking tools, Monarch invites fans to “join the fight.”
Brief about the latest version -
DIRECTOR: Michael Dougherty (“Krampus)
CAST: Vera Farmiga (“Up in the Air,” “The Conjuring” films)
Ken Watanabe (“The Last Samurai”)
Sally Hawkins (“Blue Jasmine”)
Kyle Chandler (“The Wolf of Wall Street”)
Millie Bobby Brown (“Stranger Things”)
Following the global success of “Godzilla” and “Kong: Skull Island” comes the next chapter in Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ cinematic MonsterVerse: “Godzilla: King of the Monsters,” an epic action-adventure that pits Godzilla against some of the most popular monsters in pop culture history.
The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.
GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS is in cinemas 31 May © 2018 WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC. AND LEGENDARY PICTURES PRODUCTIONS, LLC
If you want to win some merchandise which includes Tattoo Sheet, Laptop Sticker, LED Light-Up Tumbler, Set of 4 Character Pins, Embroidered Godzilla Outline Hat, Godzilla Socks with Spines, Set of 4 Journals and LED Pulsing Light Headphones, head over to my twitter @thelifesway and also follow Warner Bros Twitter channel and tell me your first experience of watching a Godzilla movie and what you thought of the same?