Did you know that the 7 April is ‘unofficially’ known as National Beer Day in the USA. On this day in 1933 President Roosevelt took the first steps to end prohibition and after a 13 year dry spell allow beer drinkers to once again legally purchase beer. An unofficial beer day is a great reason for Windhoek fans to relax and celebrate with a ‘cold one’.
Here’s a few quirky facts to enjoy with your beer:
1. The study of beer and beer-making even has an official scientific name – zythology. It derives from the Greek words “zythos” (beer) and “logos” (study)
2. Beer is one of the world's oldest prepared beverages, possibly dating back to the early Neolithic or 9500 BC.
3. Windhoek still brews its beer according to a 500 year old brewing tradition.Reinheitsgebot is often referred to as the Germany Beer Purity Law and stipulates that only barley, hops and water are to be used in the brewing of beer.
4. The Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids under the influence. According to Patrick McGovern, an archaeologist from the University of Pennsylvania, workers at Giza received about four liters of beer a day.
5. The world's largest beer festival is Oktoberfest. Held annually in Munich, Germany, it is a 16-day funfair running from late September to the first weekend in October with more than 6 million people from around the world attending the event every year. That equates to almost 10% of the South Africa’s population. #WindhoekBeerDay www.windhoekbeer.co.za
Book me for your Brand's Influence at https://webfluential.com/TheLifesWayFollow me on twitter @araijain or @thelifesway