For over 6 000 years, the cannabis plant has been widely used for various medicinal purposes1 and the health benefits have been fiercely debated for decades, with many claims dismissed along the way. Thankfully, science stepped in, and cannabis myths and legends are now backed by research.
The benefits without the ‘highs’
The cannabis plant contains cannabinoids including cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).2 While the latter (THC) is the psychoactive (‘high’ inducing) component of cannabis, CBD is non-psychoactive and has been proven to be beneficial in treating a number of symptoms and medical conditions. These include anxiety, pain, inflammatory disease, epilepsy, depression, nausea, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.3
The words ‘stress’ and ‘pain’ seem to be synonymous with life in the 21st century. Whenever one asks how someone else is doing, phrases like ‘stressed out’ and ‘tension headache’ frequently creep into conversations. While there has been a growing awareness around stress symptoms and coping mechanisms, as well as around ways of reducing chronic pain, sufferers are constantly searching for the ‘next big thing’ in pain and stress relief. And if it is available from a trusted and reliable source, all the better!
Introducing ADCO CBD
This ground-breaking research into the benefits of CBD led pharmaceutical company, Adcock Ingram, to launch the ADCO CBD range of products. The range comprises ADCO CBD STRESS and ADCO CBD DAILY products, available in drops and capsule format. The ADCO CBD PAIN products are produced in drops, capsule and gel format. All products are laboratory tested, quality controlled, and do not contain sugar or tartrazine.
All pain? No gain
Typically caused by illness or injury, pain can wreak havoc on one’s quality of life. Chronic pain is usually associated with long-term illnesses like osteoarthritis and can be the result of tissue or nerve damage. Sadly, chronic pain can become resistant to conventional medical treatment, with 7 out of 10 people experiencing breakthrough pain even when they’re regularly taking their pain medication.4 CBD has been shown to relieve inflammatory, tissue, muscle, joint and neuropathic pain.5 It controls inflammation and pain without creating tolerance,6 is not psychoactive,7 and can be used on its own or added to pain medication.8
Highly topical: relief is at hand!
When muscle pains and sprains strike, topical CBD relief can be heaven-sent! ADCO CBD PAIN GEL may assist with symptomatic relief of muscle pain and inflammation, back pain, arthritis, and minor sprains and strains. The product’s 3-in-1 activity offers topical anti-inflammatory action, numbing the pain and reducing bruising. A clever formulation, ADCO CBD PAIN GEL contains CBD isolate with arnica oil, MSM, menthol and essential oils.9
Treating stress before it takes over
CBD has been shown to provide relief to those experiencing symptoms like anxiety, muscular tension, restlessness, fatigue and poor concentration.3 ADCO CBD STRESS capsules and oil may assist with the relief of symptoms associated with stress.10
Daily help within your reach
Countless South Africans are discovering the benefit of ADCO CBD DAILY, for possible maintenance of general health and well-being. It may assist in reducing anxiety, stress and pain, and is available in capsule or oil format. The drops may be mixed with milk, water, or juice, or maybe taken as is.11
Trusted, reliable, reputable ADCO CBD products are now available from selected Clicks and Dis-Chem stores, as well as selected independent pharmacies and online stores.
Recommended retail pricing (incl. VAT) is as follows: ADCO CBD PAIN 200 mg Drops 15 ml: R344.99. ADCO CBD PAIN 600 mg Drops 30 ml: R595.99. ADCO CBD PAIN 20 mg Capsules (30): R595.99. ADCO CBD PAIN Gel 50 ml: R349.95. ADCO CBD STRESS 200 mg Drops 15 ml: R344.99. ADCO CBD STRESS 600 mg Drops 30 ml: R595.99. ADCO CBD STRESS 20 mg Capsules (30): R595.99. ADCO CBD DAILY 200 ml Drops 15 ml: R344.95. ADCO CBD DAILY 600 mg Drops 30 ml: R595.99. ADCO CBD DAILY Capsules (30): R595.99.
1. Hand, A. & Blake, Alexia & Kerrigan, Paul & Samuel, P. & Friedberg, Jeremy. (2016). History of medical cannabis.
2. Morales P, Hurst DP, Reggio PH. Molecular targets of the phytocannabinoids – a complex picture. Prog Chem Org Nat Prod 2017;103 103–131.
3. Pisanti S, Malfitano AM, Ciaglia E, et al. Cannabidiol: State of the art and new challenges for therapeutic applications. Pharmacol Ther 2017;175:133-150.
4. Wheeler T. Pain types and classifications. WebMD, 2019. [cited 2019 Dec 04]; Available at: https:// www.webmd.com/pain-management/guide/pain-types-and-classifications? print=true.
5. Mbvundula EC, Rainsford KD, Bunning AD. Cannabinoids in pain and inflammation. Inflammopharmacology 2004;12(2):99-114.
6. Xiong W, Cui T, Cheng K, et al. Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting α3 glycine receptors. J Exp Med 2012;209(6):1121-1134.
7. MacCallum CA, Russo EB. Practical considerations in medical cannabis administration and dosing. Eur J Int Med 2018;49:12-19.
8. Fine PG, Rosenfeld MJ. Cannabinoids for neuropathic pain. Curr Pain Headache Rep 2014;18:451.
9. AdcoCBDPainGelPI. T030662 02.2020 BP.pdf
10. AdcoCBDStressPI.7739 10.2019 PP.pdf
11. ADCOCBDDailyDropsPI&PIL 7901.01 10.2019. 06.2020 PP
Support me if you like reading this blog post by buying me a cup of tea or coffee - https://www.buymeacoffee.com/TheLifesWay Contact at email@example.com to collaborate and promote your services and products. Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel for giveaways, product reviews and mystery unboxings. #TheLifesWay #9YearsofTheLifesWay. Namaste!