As South Africa gears up for the much-anticipated Heritage Day, Uber is delighted to announce a special mobility activation that will allow South Africans and international visitors to connect with the country’s rich cultural heritage. From September 23rd to 30th, users will be able to enjoy discounted rides to some of the most iconic Heritage sites and museums in the cities of Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria, and Durban.
September is a month of profound cultural significance, culminating in the nationwide celebration of Heritage Day on September 24th and Uber is thrilled to be a part of this celebration and to leverage the cultural momentum that surrounds it. During the activation period, everyone who would like to explore the history of Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria, and Durban will have the opportunity to enjoy discounted rides to some of these cities’ most iconic Heritage sites and museums:
- Johannesburg: Constitution Hill, South African National Museum Of Military History, Hector Pieterson Memorial, Mandela's House, Apartheid Museum.
- Pretoria: Union Buildings, Melrose House Museum, Ditsong National Museum of Natural History, Freedom Park Heritage Site & Museum, Voortrekker Monument.
- Durban: Durban Holocaust & Genocide Centre, The Durban Central Post Office, House of Chief Albert Luthuli, The Old Durban Railway Station, KwaMuhle Museum.
- Cape Town: Iziko Slave Lodge, Table Mountain, Castle of Good Hope, District Six Museum, Robben Island.
"For over 10 years, local and international tourists have relied on Uber to enrich their sightseeing experience. We want to continue leveraging the power of our platform to connect them with South Africa’s history and culture. By making it easier and more affordable to visit these iconic sites, we hope to encourage exploration of the rich tapestry our country’s past and present has to offer,” said Kagiso Khaole, General Manager at Uber in Sub-Saharan Africa.
How does it work?
- Open the app.
- Enter the promotional code for the city you are in:
- a. Johannesburg and Pretoria: HERITAGE1
- b. Cape Town: HERITAGE2
- c. Durban: HERITAGE3
- Enter your destination among the selectable sites and museums in each city and enjoy two trips at 50% off.
Aum Namah Shivay!
Till next time...Aashish
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel for historical tech, new gadgets, stationery, product reviews
and mystery unboxings. #TheLifesWay Link to all social media platforms - https://t.co/gUHjo8DQ7h
Your Lifestyle and Technology Blog for the Last 10.5 Years!