The majority of the more than 7 billion people in this world - almost 3.5 billion couples - are getting ready to celebrate their love on February 14. The world’s traditions may differ, but one thing remains the same - people are looking for the perfect way to make their someone special feel loved. And many people are celebrating their love on the move and discovering somewhere new this Valentine’s Day. The feeling to see your loved ones happy is the best amongst all.
In 2015, more than 40 million people travelled and stayed on Airbnb across more than 190 countries around the globe. From igloos, to castles, to treehouses, to private islands, there are more than 2 million romantic locales to celebrate this love-filled holiday.
Airbnb took a look at the top places couples are heading to this year. Some of the trending places around the world include:
● The home of Romeo and Juliet - Verona, Italy - is 95% more popular this Valentine’s Day.
● Loved ones are dreaming of heading to the Japanese mountains with 54% more couples choosing to spend the holiday in Niseko, Japan.
● Looking for a Latin American adventure? 87% more couples are choosing to head to Quetzaltenango, Guatemala this Valentine’s Day.
● Lillehammer, Norway is the top spot in Europe this Valentine’s Day to celebrate with the destination surging to being 440% more popular this Valentine’s Day versus last.
● Cruising the Whitsundays is the perfect choice for couples with 54% more choosing to head here February 14.
● Looking for peace and quiet to be with the one you love? 360% more couples are spending their Valentine’s Day in the Poconos Mountains compared to last.
Closer to home, the most popular African destinations this Valentine’s Day include:
Couples seem to love the quaint town of Knysna, located in the heart of the scenic Garden Route in the Western Cape, South Africa. Some top Airbnb accommodation options at this paradise, include:
Its beaches, coral reefs and nature reserves make the picturesque islands of the Seychelles a popular choice amongst couples. Some of the best Airbnb places to stay here include:
Although unknown to many travellers, Reunion - a unique French island in the middle of the Indian Ocean - is a popular choice for couples deciding to visit the island. It boasts incredible Airbnb accommodation options:
The capital city of Morocco, Rabat, has grown in popularity with more couples choosing to visit the city which is known for its fascinating architecture, monuments and wonderful restaurants. Some of the best Airbnb accommodation include:
Essaouira, Morocco has experienced an increase in the number of couples planning to spend Valentine’s Day in the Atlantic ocean port city. There’s also a wide variety of Airbnb accommodation to choose from:
Do plan a great day out with your loved one and have a great Valentine's Day each and every year!
Email - email@example.com for invites to launch events / sponsored posts and product reviews!
Checkout my Instagram (araijain) page
Checkout my photo blog - www.photoyatra.blogspot.in
Like The Life's Way Page on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheLifesWay